Hatteras Forecast – made Wednesday evening, June 26. Update coming Thursday evening.
- A good week. Highs generally in the 80s, lows in the 70s.
- No sign of a washout this week.
- Small chance of scattered showers/thunderstorms on Sunday… then again Wednesday night, Thursday, and Friday, but no reason to change any plans.
- Typical high summer humidity, although a small easing of the humidity on Monday and Tuesday.
- Water temperatures 75-80.
- Sunrises around 5:55. Sunsets around 8:20.
- New moon on Tuesday. Great stargazing.
Saturday travel: Mostly sunny, hot and humid. High in the low 90s, 80s on the Outer Banks.
Sunday: Mostly sunny… isolated showers or thunderstorms late in the afternoon or evening. High 86. Wind SW increasing to 5-15 mph in the afternoon. Waves 1-3 feet. High tides at 5:55 am and 6:33 pm. Low tide at 11:57 am.
Monday: Mostly sunny and windy. Turning a little less humid. Daybreak temperature 74. Afternoon high 84. Wind NNE 10-20 mph with some higher gusts. Water a few degrees cooler. Waves 2-4 feet. High tides at 6:45 am and 7:20 pm. Low tide at 12:45 pm.
Tuesday: Sunny. Daybreak temperature 74. Afternoon high 86. Least windy day of the week. Wind SSE 5-10 mph. Waves 1-3 feet. High tides at 7:35 am and 8:08 pm. Low tide at 1:35 pm.
Wednesday: Sun and clouds. High humidity returns. Daybreak temperature 78. Afternoon high 88. Wind SW 5-15 mph. Waves 2-4 feet. Scattered showers and thunderstorms Wednesday night. High tides at 8:26 am and 8:57 pm. Low tide at 2:25 pm.
Thursday and Friday: Sun and clouds. Humid. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Daybreak temperature 78. Afternoon high 88. Winds generally SSW 5-15 mph. Waves 2-4 feet. High tides 9 to 10 am and 9:30 to 10:30 pm. Low tides around 3 to 4 pm.